Monday 5 February 2018

Helping Rescue Dogs is as Easy as Buying the Right Dog Treat

Parents of rescue dogs wish that they could adopt every single dog who needs a home. But, they can’t.   In my case, city ordinances and my husband refuse to let me.  But I really wanted to do more to help rescues so I started thinking about what I could do.

One day I was feeding my pack some treats, something that usually happens several times a day. I started thinking about how much I spent on treats, then wondered if I could find a company that made awesome dog treats and  gives back to help rescues.  After doing a lot of research, I found Living The Paw Way.  They make a jerky treat called A Mutts Story.

I contacted the owners and asked about their company. They are a small family owned business who is passionate about helping rescue dogs, especially hard to adopt shelter dogs who are old.  A portion of their profits go to raise awareness and support rescue animals. Their passion came through loud and clear as they told me about the senior dogs they were helping.

 So the next questions is, how are the treats? I bought a bag of the beef treats from Amazon, and they are awesome!  My dogs love them, even Rusty and Bandit who are the pickiest dogs alive! These are made in the US from American beef and are slow roasted for 15 hours. They are soft and easy to break if you are using them for training.

They also just came out with a chicken treat which I can’t wait to try.

You have to try these! My dogs love them, and I am so happy knowing that while my sweet fur babies are enjoying a snack, other rescue dogs are being helped as well. 

giving back

No comments:

Post a Comment