Friday 8 December 2017

Teleprompters in the Rain

Teleprompters as well as laptop computers in the rainfall. Pricey electronic devices and water. What could be much better?


Still, when I'm asked to come up with a solution, I enjoy for the difficulty.


I would love to share some solutions and finest techniques for teleprompting in the rainfall or other wet problems, like watercrafts.

One occasion was for Arnold Schwarzenegger's 2006 launch as California Guv in Sacramento. We were told the weather forecast and that I would certainly need to put my cam teleprompter on a jib.


Large 55 gallon contractor garbage bags are your close friend. I wrapped the electronic camera as well as the jib electric motors as if any type of rainfall would not merge (affecting the weight and also balance.) I likewise had to avoid any type of water that might trickle down cords to the monitor. I bought clear plastic bags to cover the display screen.


Whatever functioned completely. Luckily, it quit drizzling after the occasion, so tear-down was very easy. I still had to allow the instances and also other exposed gear dry out for a couple of days ... so, maybe I would certainly suggest hazard pay or an extra gear fee if I did this again.


A partner of mine, Aaron Ralph Thomas, sent me these lower images of his experience, teleprompting in Delaware. He asked me regarding solutions for operating a presidential teleprompter in the rain. I duplicated the clear plastic bag recommendation and also a few various other ideas consisting of having cable televisions drape lower to ensure that any type of rainfall would not enter this way. He made use of the suggestions, made a couple of alterations to his system, and also everyone was happy. Good task Aaron!


For boats, I would certainly do the exact same: wrapping whatever a little tighter considering that the spray would originate from more instructions, and also be added careful with the sealing, and washing as a result of the salt web content in the water ... depending upon where your boat is.


Learn just how our friendly team of competent teleprompter drivers can conserve you money and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment